Abridged Fall Cruise:
View Fall Cruise. in a larger map
1. Belfast to "A Little Harbor Northwest of Bucks Harbor"
2. Motored down Eggemoggin Reach. Anchored Opposite Wooden Boat. Nasty storm.
3. Up early - Fog. Motored over Bass Hbr Bar. Shut off engines before Petite Manan. 4-6ft. swells. Beautiful sail in afternoon - with fog lifting. Anchored SW of Knight / Mistake Island.
4. Explored Mistake lighthouse.
5. Sailed downwind to Cross Island, Northernmost home of Outward Bound.
6. Explored trails on Cross Island.
7. (Monday) Sailed Cross I. To Roque. Walked on white sand beach. Listened to forecast of hurricane to arrive on Thursday.
8. Roque to Jonesport - spent 3 hours on dock - got ice and diesel. Motored to Great Wass, anchored in Mud Hole.
9. Great Wass to Baker Island (Part of Acadia National Park).
10. Baker - South of Long Island - East side of Isle au Haut (crazy currents!) Merchants row - to Seal Hbr on East side of Vinalhaven.
11. Preparation and Preparedness
12. Hurricane Earl
13. Windy! Remained in Seal Hbr.
14. Seal Hbr to Duck Hbr. on Isle au Haut (Part of Acadia National Park)
15. Duck to Warren I.
16. Warren I. to Belfast.
So you can see this was an amazing trip full of long sails in open water, and exploring new horizons - past the "normal" cruising grounds.